We wanted to do a lot of improvements to our camper before leaving for Africa, therefore we had planned a view weeks mostly in Austria and Germany, to get all the work done in time.
Special thanks go to:
ORC Team (ORC.de)
Dopfer Team (dopfer-reisemobilbau.de)
Luca Zech (marquartstossdaempfer.de)
Votronic Team (votronic.de)
Schlosserei Scheiber (schlosserei-scheiber.at)
EDDY & CORDY (we-travel.at) 😉
List of adaptations:
– update of the rear springs
– service of the engine and gear box
– downgrading to EURO3 for low Diesel quality
– change of the front- and rear bumpers
– exchange of the broken 220V inverter
– change of the toilet to a dry separating toilet
– new fridge
– new roof ventilator windows
– new solar panels
– and a lot of smaller things ….
We got all the things done in time, just the change of the differential at the axles to get a better gear ratio didn’t work out. It was a last minute idea, and when the wrong parts were delivered, we had no time left to wait for the right ones.
We are now ready and set, we only have to deliver the camper at the port of Antwerp and off it goes – more on our next post!